Friday, September 17, 2010

Evangelism Focus 09/17/10

This evening was spent in errand running. So, with that, I'd like to speak to the importance of keeping gospel tracts on your person at all times (personally I like to keep a well-stocked purse).

I was especially reminded of this importance when I came out of a shop this evening and found two teenagers sitting on a bench, staring off into space. They looked listless. I pulled an optical illusion tract out of my purse and showed it to them. They responded with enthusiasm and thanked me for the tracts.

I do not know of which hearts God is preparing to hear the gospel. I do not know where the Holy Spirit is working, so I hand out the gospel (or share it verbally) whenever possible. Once you get in the habit of doing this, it becomes part of who you are.

If you're a Christian reading this blog, and you're not in the habit of handing out gospel tracts, I'd like to encourage you to hand out at least one gospel tract this week. If you're looking for innovative, attractive tracts that present the law and the gospel, I recommend checking out the gospel tracts at Living Waters ministry (http://www.livingwaters.com/).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was my 5th chemo session with Taxol. 5 down 7 to go. I'm happy to report it was pretty uneventful as chemo days go. I didn't h...