Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Resource Wednesday 07/14/10


The above picture is a picture of my desk at work. I'm sharing it with you this Resource Wednesday as a tip for your own work space whether it be at home or away, whether it be a small cubicle, a locker, a dashboard, or the area above your kitchen sink.
In my cubicle at work, near the area where I answer the phone, I have written down Bible verses on small cards. I have verses that proclaim the gospel, I have verses that remind me how I am to be using my tongue, I have verses that remind me to love others, I have verses that remind me I have been forgiven, therefore, I forgive others.

I have hymns posted that are so rich in theology that I glance at them often to set my mind on such things.

One hymn I have posted at my desk is Be Thou My Vision. Here's the first verse:

Be Thou my vision O Lord of my heart

Naught be all else to me save that Thou art

Thou my best thought by day or by night

Waking or sleeping Thy presence my light

I love that you have to really think to understand the meaning of the words in that song!

So, this is my tip/resource this Wednesday. I highly recommend saturating your workspace with Bible verses and theology-rich songs. Train your mind to think on things above at all times and in all circumstances.

1 comment:

  1. neat! That would is one edifying workspace!
    I think i would get distracted though if that were my school desk :)

    ReplyDelete

Cookie Baking Night 12/4/17

Tonight was Cookie Baking Night. In attendance this evening: Carissa, Allison, Rylar, and Enzo. Tonight was Rylar's birthday choice (he...