This Resource Wednesday I'd like to commend to you (again) the Voice of the Martyrs monthly publication. It's a full-color magazine highlighting followers of Christ in areas around the world where they are being persecuted for their faith. The magazine also shares ways you can be involved in helping these fellow believers. It is a free publication, and I highly recommend requesting it (http://www.persecution.com/).
Here's an excerpt from the back of the newsletter/magazine:
The Voice of the Martyrs Newsletter is published 12 times a year. Serving with the persecuted church, the mission works in more than 50 countries through its own International Christian Association of mission offices.
Our main purposes, based on Hebrews 13:3:
1. To encourage and empower Christians to fulfill the Great Commission in areas around the world where they are persecuted for their involvement in propagating the gospel of Jesus Christ.
2. To give relief to the families of Christian martyrs in these areas of the world.
3. To equip local Christians to love and win to Christ their enemies who are opposed to the gospel in countries where believers are actively persecuted for their Christian witness.
4. To undertake projects of encouragement, helping believers rebuild their lives and Christian witness in countries that have formerly suffered communist oppression.
5. To emphasize the fellowship of all believers by informing the world of atrocities committed against Christians by remembering their courage and faith.
Tonight was Cookie Baking Night. In attendance this evening: Carissa, Allison, Rylar, and Enzo. Tonight was Rylar's birthday choice (he...
Last week, I took Thursday and Friday off of work. Emily spent the night Wednesday through Friday night, and I took her to the last two days...
There is a secret discipline appointed for every man and woman whose life is lived for others. No one escapes that discipline, nor would wis...
Tonight was Cookie Baking Night. In attendance this evening: Ethan, Carissa, Allison, Rylar, and Enzo. Tonight we made "chocolate pretz...