Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Resource Wednesday 06/16/10

This resource Wednesday I'd like to share with you about the latest book I'm reading. It's God Has a Wonderful Plan for Your Life (subtitled The Myth of the Modern Message) by Ray Comfort. This book has had a few different titles over the years (such as Hell's Best Kept Secret, The Way of the Master). This latest title has an intriguing cover (under the title "God Has a Wonderful Plan for Your Life" there is a painting of Stephen, first martyr recorded in the Bible, being stoned for his faith). This is a smaller version of the book (125 pages). I'm halfway through the book now, and I'm finding it an interesting read.

Here's an excerpt from the back of the book, which explains a bit of the premise of the book:

For decades, the world's most popular gospel message has been drawing the lost by promising God's wonderful plan for their life. But behind the facade of the "wonderful plan" message is the reality of trials, temptations, and persecution that Jesus promised. How can we reconcile the two?

If you have an interest in reading the book, you can obtain one free copy of it at the Living Waters website (www.livingwaters.com).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was my 5th chemo session with Taxol. 5 down 7 to go. I'm happy to report it was pretty uneventful as chemo days go. I didn't h...