Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I shared this once before, and it's worth repeating. This is a praise from Day 4 of 31 Days of Praise by Ruth Myers (p 48-49). This time I've added the Scriptures and references at the end.

I love you, Father, because You first loved me and sent Your Son to atone for my sins. And I stand amazed that Jesus, who by nature had always been God, did not cling to His rights as Your equal...that He laid aside all His privileges, to be born as a human being...that He totally humbled Himself, submitting to the death of a common criminal, enduring infinite humiliation and pain...that on the cross You laid on Him the compressed weight of all my sin and guilt and shame, of all my griefs and sorrows, and He became sin for me, dying the death I deserved.

And how much I praise You that it was impossible for death to hold Him in its power.....that You raised Him from the dead to be my Savior, to make me righteous in Your sight...that You highly exalted Him, giving Him a position infinitely superior to any conceivable command, authority, power, or control, both natural and supernatural. Thank You that He is the Great High Priest...That He is able to save me completely, for He lives forever and prays for me, and for all of us who have come to You through Him. I glorify you, My Father, with gratefulness and joy.

And I bow at the feet of Him who was dead, and now is alive forever and ever. I exalt Him, I yield myself to Him, for He is worthy of the total response of my entire being: "Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessings."


And God raised Him up again, putting an end to the agony of death, since it was impossible for Him to be held in its power.
Acts 2:24


In this is love, not that we have loved God but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
1 John 4:10

... who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but made Himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. Therefore God has highly exalted Him and bestowed on Him the name that is above every name.
Philippians 2:6-9

He was despised and rejected by men; a Man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief, and as one from whom men hide their faces, He was despised and we esteemed Him not. Surely He has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed Him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted. But He was wounded for our transgressions; He was crushed for our iniquities; upon Him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with His stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned--every one--to his own way; and the LORD has laid on Him the iniquity of us all. He was oppressed, and He was afflicted, yet He opened not His mouth; like a lamb that is led to the slaughter; and like a sheep that before its shearers is silent, so He opened not his mouth. By oppression and judgment He was taken away; and for His generation who considered that He was cut off out of the land of the living, stricken for the transgression of my people? And they made His grave with the wicked and with a rich man in his death although He had done no violence, and there was no deceit in His mouth. Yet it was the will of the LORD to crush Him; He had put Him to grief; when His soul makes an offering for guilt, He shall see his offspring; He shall prolong His day; the will of the LORD shall prosper in His hand. Out of the anguish of His soul He shall see and be satisfied by His knowledge shall the righteous one, My servant make many to be accounted righteous, and He shall bear their iniquities. Therefore I will divide Him a portion with the many, and He shall divide the spoil with the strong, because He poured out his soul to death and was numbered with the transgressors; yet He bore the sin of many and makes intercession for the transgressors.
Isaiah 53:3-12

For our sake He made Him to be sin who knew no sin, so that we might become the righteousness of God.
2 Corinthians 5:21

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cookie Baking Night 09/25/17

Tonight was Cookie Baking Night. In attendance this evening: Allison, Rylar, and Enzo. Tonight we made pumpkin bars.  ...